myuhcmedicare/hwp Benefits: UnitedHealthcare HWP
MyUHCMedicare.HWP hosts a program called Healthy Benefits Plus, which allows you to receive a reimbursement for the purchase of certain health and wellness products sold at retail partners.
Your Humana Spending Account Card Benefits
To help you live life to the fullest, Humana provides you with extra benefits. Start the process by having your card activated and creating an online account.
Just for You
Members who have the Healthy Meals Card advantage as component of their Humana plan can use the card to stretch their monthly food and resources when costs would otherwise prevent them from doing so. Depending on the membership package, the card can have a monthly allotment of $25 or $50 loaded onto it. Unused funds from one month do not carry over to the next.
Using Your Card
Healthy Benefits+™ makes shopping with your benefits a breeze.
The cost of approved food will be deducted from the account balance. The card can be used as a credit card by the member. CVS, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Walgreens, and Walmart are just few of the thousands of retailers that accept the card. Visit firstlook.Humana.com to learn which of Humana’s plans cover this service.
View Benefit Balance
Your current balance will be displayed once you have logged in, at the very top of the about page.
Find out where you can get the best deals by using the Shop Finder.
What is the Healthy Foods Card?
Members who have the Humana Healthy Foods Card as part of their Humana plan can use it to stretch their monthly food budget when they face challenges paying for groceries. The card will be available with monthly spending limits of $25 and $50. The monthly allotment does not accumulate for usage in subsequent months.
How do members use their cards?
- It’s easy to use the card:
- Get the card activated and go to a retailer that accepts it.
- Shopping for healthful, pre-approved items
- To pay for approved purchases at the register, first swipe your Healthy Foods Card.
The website firstlook.Humana.com can tell you which of Humana’s plans include this service.
The cost of approved food will be deducted from the account balance. When purchasing ineligible items or if the total purchase price is greater than the available balance on the card, a second form of payment will be required. To check your Healthy Foods Card balance, either call the number on the back of your card or go online to www.HealthyFoodsCard.com. If a member has a problem with their card, such as if it has been lost or stolen, they can contact Humana Customer Service for assistance.
What can I buy with my card?
Thousands of different foods and drinks are eligible to be purchased with your benefits. To make grocery shopping easier, we’ve compiled a list of acceptable items.
- Lentils and other legumes
- Fruits and veggies in a can
- Dairy goods
- Newly harvested produce
- Newly prepared salad kits
- Frozen food and groceries
- Eat plenty of grain products like bread, cereal, pasta, etc.
- Seafood and meat
- Supplemental drinks and bars
- Ingredients commonly seen in a kitchen’s pantry.
- Hydration and vitamin-fortified water
- Alcohol, infant formula, sweets, chips, coffee shop items, desserts, freshly baked goods, soda, tobacco, and other non-food and pet items are not eligible.
Check Your Card Balance
Verify your card’s available funds instantly without entering your login information. Your 16-digit card number and 3-digit security/CVV code can be found on the front and back of your card, respectively.
How do I use my benefits to shop online?
- Under Ordering Options on the About page, select Shop Now.
- You can fill your Walmart.com shopping basket with permitted items by doing the following.
- To complete your purchase, please review your items in the shopping cart and then click the Check Out button. You can either log in or proceed as a Guest.
- Choose between in-home delivery and in-store pick-up. A valid delivery address is required.
- To pay with your Healthy Benefits+ card, go to the “Gift Card” payment option and enter the 17-digit card number and 4-digit security code printed on the back of your card.
- When you click the button labelled “Apply Gift Card,” the discount will be applied to any qualifying goods in your shopping cart.
- Keep in mind that your benefit balance will only be used to pay for eligible purchases; for any ineligible items, you will need to select a different payment method.
How do I use my benefits to shop for prepared meals and produce boxes?
- Prepared meals, fresh produce, and pantry boxes are all available for purchase at Mom’s Meals.
- Please proceed with the order as directed.
- You’ll need your 17-digit account number and 4-digit security code to complete your purchase.
How do I use my benefits to shop in store?
- Find a store near you that accepts Healthy Benefits+ by using the online store locator or the Healthy Benefits+ mobile app.
- In-store, you can use the app’s product scanner to see if a certain item is redeemable.
- Before paying with any other method, have the cashier scan the barcode on your Healthy Benefits+ card or mobile app.
- Your rewards will start rolling in right away.
- Keep in mind that you can only use your benefit money on pre-approved goods and drinks. For non-contributory drinks and snacks, you’ll need to select an other method of payment.